If you take a good look at athletes during competitions you will quickly discover that many of them are wearing compression socks or stockings.
This trend has already persisted for several years and continues to attract more and more followers from all types of sports disciplines.
With their colorful and modern design elements, athletic compression socks and stockings present a rather stealth and sleek looking appearance.
However, beyond all the hoopla the real question is whether these futuristic looking “socks” can really deliver on all the potential benefits trumped up by the manufacturers marketing campaigns.
Aside from all the science mumbo jumbo and marketing speak, this article will attempt to separate the facts from the hype about the unique benefits of athletic compression stockings or any other type of sports compression hosiery.
Athletic compression stockings or socks have the following unique characteristics:
- Graduated compression actively promotes the blood circulation in the legs.
- Increased blood circulation means more oxygen rich blood is transported faster to the muscles, thereby increasing their performance and in turn their stamina.
- Graduated compression supports the leg muscles decreasing the potential for excessive vibration during and soreness after strenuous exercise activity.
- Testing and research have shown lowered lactic acid accumulation allowing a speedier recovery for the athlete.
- Athletic compression stockings and socks may also feature other innovative benefits already known to most of us from conventional types of athletic socks without graduated compression.
Additional features and benefits of athletic compression stockings and non-compression stockings or socks:
- Ergonomic foot cushioning with ankle and calf support.
- Breathable and moisture wicking fiber materials.
- Protection against blisters and to prevent shin splints.
- High wearing comfort with smooth seams or seamless designs.
- Special odor control and anti-microbial treatment.
Our vote is unanimous. Athletic compression stockings and socks with graduated compression could indeed be a factor in improving your game or race by boosting blood circulation and reducing muscle fatigue for increased endurance. As always your comments and input are much appreciated.
If you liked this post please let us know by clicking the Facebook like button or the G+1 button below. We also appreciate any comments and personal experiences you have to contribute.
Andrea D. says
This is a nice weblog.
Thank you a lot for sharing this all, you actually know what you’re speaking about!
J. Leonardis says
God bless you for your blog. It is very decent and this post is amazing
Great stuff. I really like what you have here. You make it enjoyable and you still keep it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you.
Lorelei E. says
Regards for this marvellous post, I’m glad I detected this web site on yahoo.
Young S. says
I enjoy studying posts that can make people think. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!
This great site truly stands apart.
It is the correct blog site for any one who wants to discover out about this subject. You know a great. Wonderful things, just terrific!
D. M. says
Fantastic post of yours, many thanks. The blog just got a new subscriber.
Your article really spurred my interest in fact it is not simple to do. I love how you made your distinct points.