Compression and support hosiery can be a girl’s (and a guy’s) best friend when you are trying to slow or prevent the appearance of spider veins and varicose veins.
These often unsightly veins are reminders that our looks may be fading as we advance in age, they can be the result of flawed genes from our ancestors, or simply the effects of our daily toils.
Spider veins and varicose veins can be bothersome to us in more ways than one due to their less than attractive appearance and because they can cause very real feelings of physical discomfort, heaviness and pain in the legs.
For maximum protection against new appearance, worsening or reappearance of spider veins and varicose veins, wearing compression or support hose is simply not a choice but a must.
Keeping those spidery, bulgy and twisted looking veins at bay is a life-long battle for most of us who are dealing with this pesky affliction. Therefore one of the very best things you can do when you rise each morning is put on your graduated compression or support hose and wear them as much as you can.
If you are motivated to do even more to prevent the occurrence or advancement of spider and varicose veins, here are some additional suggestions of what you can do:
- Keep your weight at a normal level.
- Avoid putting excessive pressure on your legs.
- Exercise your legs regularly to build strength and promote circulation (walking, hiking and running are excellent choices for this).
- Elevate your legs when you are resting (best above the level of the heart).
- Do not wear overly tight clothing that squeezes the area from your waist and down your legs.
- If possible, avoid standing or sitting for extended periods of time. If you have no choice in the matter, try to take a break every 30 minutes and go for a short walk.
- Avoid wearing high heels whenever possible. High heeled shoes interfere with the muscle pump function of the calf muscles that aid in pumping the venous blood from the legs back to the heart.
- Eat your fiber to reduce the risk of constipation, which can promote varicose veins. Examples of high-fiber food choices are fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Reduce your salt consumption, a possible contributing factor for swelling, which is attributed to varicose veins.
- Last but not least, wearing sun screen can not only protect against skin cancer but is also an effective defense against spider veins on the face.
If you liked this post please let us know by clicking the Facebook like button or the G+1 button below. We also appreciate any comments and personal experiences you have to contribute.
Really nice website. Thanks for giving full information about Varicose Vein Stockings.
Val S. says
Thanks a bunch for posting this!
Theodore J. says
I simply savored your web site. You surely have beneficial well written articles. Thanks a bunch for sharing.
Simply scanning the posts a number will like the above because it’s valid so its great finding a guy that’s blogging this for all to see to read.
Ruth Francoise says
Please, keep up the amazing subjects, these posts are great.
I love reading through your blog, thank you for sharing.
Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. The site contains truly information and is very useful.
You are an excellent webmaster. The web site loading velocity is amazing.
My son recommended your blog. I bookmarked your site.
It’s incredible when you find excellent related information available on the web.
I really wanted to construct a simple message to appreciate you for those precious points you are showing on this site. My considerable internet investigation has at the end been rewarded with useful facts and strategies. I feel truly happy to have encountered your webpage and look forward to so many more enjoyable moments reading here. Thank you again for a lot of things.
This is really the material I enjoy reading simply because it makes me think.
Excellent blog here! Also your web site loads up fast!
This is a must view, bookmarking your site now. Please continue to write. Your style is very well read.
Whoever authored or generated this website must be competent in this particular area of knowledge.
I just linked to this page. It is an interesting read for anyone.
I’m not that much of an online reader to be honest but your site is really nice. Keep it up! Cheers
I do not know what I would have tried without the information shared by you regarding that subject matter. Now i’m thankful for your support and thus trust you really know what an amazing job you did via your webpage.
Great blog post. Keep up the work.
I book marked your site. Your blog impresses me.
Great blog post and nice comments.
Only very few bloggers would discuss this topic like you do.
I think your blog is getting more and more visitors.
Oh i really envy the way you post topics, how i wish i could write like that.
You really got a great blog.