If you are like me, with most things I own I like to get my money’s worth out of them for as long as possible. To accomplish this in most cases proper handling and basic maintenance are necessary. Compression stockings are no different.
Here are some quick pointers on how to get the longest possible use from your compression stockings:
- Frequent washing does not harm compression garments if done properly. Washing your compression or support hose often (preferably after each day of wearing them) actually helps to restore its elastic properties and removes any oils or dirt from the thin woven fibers.
- The elastic fibers in your compression stockings are not invincible against snagging and tearing. To prevent the premature demise of your graduated support hose make sure your hands and feet are well groomed and have no jagged nails or rough skin on which the thin fibers of your compression stockings could catch and potentially be damaged.
- When handling compression stockings or any hosiery for that matter make sure to first remove all jewelry from your hands and preferably use rubber coated gloves to manipulate and smooth the stocking or pantyhose material on your legs.
- Always store your compression hosiery in a dry place. Take care not to snag it in drawers on rough spots in the wood (storing hosiery in plastic baggies offers good protection).
- Never expose compression stockings to direct high heat sources or very hot sun light as this could permanently damage the elastic fibers. By simply following these important tips you should be able to get adequate use out of your compression and support stockings until they need to be replaced.
For additional handling and care tips please also read our blog post… Compression Stocking Care Made Easy
Twila C. says
Very neat site, this really answered some of my questions. Thank you!
Gilda P. says
Thank you for making this site. Good stuff.
Parker N. says
Having read this I thought it was very informative. I appreciate you taking the time and effort to put this article together. I once again find myself spending way to much time both reading and commenting. But so what, it was still worth it!
Robert L. says
Nice! It’s so good to find high quality info on the internet. It is all wannabe’s and reused content with only a few exceptions. I hope you keep up the good work and I in all probability will be back to read more of your posts in the future!
Big like! – Thanks.
I found your blog on google and read a few of your other posts. I just added you to my Google News Reader. Keep up the good work Look forward to reading more from you in the future.
I think you should use more images on your blog, but besides that, it is really great. Cheers.
Michell B. says
M. Schossow says
I’m very happy to read this. I really do appreciate your sharing this. Wow!
Very effectively written information. Will probably be beneficial to anybody who uses it, together with myself. Keep up the great work. I’ll check out more posts.
Christian L. says
You got a really great blog I have been here reading for about half an hour. I am a newbie and your posts are valuable for me…
Lajuana R. says
This is a great blog.
Dagmar H. says
Wow very interesting stuff. I’ll be telling all my coworkers tomorrow. This was very informative and I like your layout.
Jenine H. says
Thanks for the post. Really looking forward to read more. Much obliged.
Wonderful website. Plenty of useful information here. I am sending it to several friends and will also share it on delicious. And certainly, thanks for your effort!
Tyson G. says
I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s very difficult to get that “perfect balance” between usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a excellent job with this. Additionally, the blog loads very quick for me on Firefox. Excellent Blog!
Great post, much appreciated
N. Shadley says
I’m really loving the post, and hope this, as well as the excellent reviews some other people have written, will help you.
I do believe that this certain blog was one of the most useful in my adventures of blogging. Good day. 🙂
Interesting and well written!
I’ll save this page.
This is quality post.
No BS and well written, ty for the information.
T. Henry says
Hi. I like your website.
Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here!
daniel beaux says
I seldom leave comments on blog, but I have been to this post which was recommended by my friend, lots of valuable details, thanks again.
You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation. I’m looking forward for your next post!
Dulce Kendra says
You made some nice points there.
J. Xierien says
Thanks for that awesome posting. 🙂
Thanks for an idea you sparked.
Nurse Practitioner says
Keep posting stuff like this i really like it.
Your post helped me to understand more aspects of this subject. I’ll digg your site! Thanks!
Very good post. The search engines should rank you higher, even though I found you on page 3. Anyways I like it so keep it up.
🙂 Thank you!
Very good blog.
Thanks for that awesome posting. 🙂